In the first part of “Yoga Expert Tips”, the creator of Yoga Tune Up®, Jill Miller, shares her best tips for beginner and intermediate yoga practitioners.
What other tips would you add to this list?
Tips for Beginners and Intermediate:
1. Limit yourself to just 3 poses after your regular workout. That way you won’t feel overwhelmed by needing to accomplish too much at once.
2. Timing is everything! Set a kitchen timer, or your cell phone so that you hold each pose for 30 seconds on the first day, then up it by 5 seconds daily. Once you hit 1 minute, you’re ready to add 3 more poses!
3. Think of Yoga as “getting pretty on the inside” so that you move better throughout your day and whittle away at gnawing aches and pains.
4. Instead of chanting OM, listen to the sound of your breath, and try to follow it through the entire inhale and exhale. If your mind wanders, return to concentrating on the breath.
5. Find a yoga friend, yoga teacher, or video forum to share your experience in the poses. They may have some great pointers to help keep you motivated!
For more fitness and yoga tips and Jill’s class schedule, click here.