Hello to the Zobha Community!
Wedding season is officially upon us and it seems like everyone is getting married this year! Weddings can be stressful enough as a guest; making travel plans, buying gifts, attending engagement parties, showers, bachelor/bachelorette parties, and of course the wedding itself! Add on to that planning your own wedding and I can start to empathize with you.
Between all the planning and parties and showers (for both my friends and myself) it can be very overwhelming. I was so focused on wedding planning checklists that it started to dictate my life. But here I am, exactly 1 month out from my wedding, and it is just now occurring to me that in the midst of all my planning and celebrating, I managed to forget about me. No one puts “start your wedding diet” on the wedding “to do” lists (which they really should!!), so low and behold I have 30 days to get my act together.
If you’re like me, you might be panicking at the thought of toning up your physique in 30 days but fear not! I took advantage of the Zobha network and some friends that have gone through this already and put together a tip list of how I can get myself wedding ready in 30 days!!
Here are 7 last minute tips that I have found helpful to look and feel my very best:
- Drink lots of water and limit your salt intake. Sodium in your diet is one of the main causes of bloating. (Definitely avoid salt the day before and day of dress fittings!)
- Exercise daily. If you are on a time crunch, starting a daily routine will make it a habit; the sooner you start the better you’ll feel! 30-45 minutes a day is recommended. Once I got the swing of it, my exercise time actually has become a time I look forward to. I can clear my head, think about what needs to be done, and before I know it the workout is over.
- Eat healthier. Period. Stay away from all processed food, eat more veggies, cut out sugar, and use meat as a side dish. This will allow for not only weight loss, but also healthy habits for the future. Additionally, this can help with some last minute savings to put towards the big day or honeymoon. Go to the farmers market and pick up some fruit and veggies; and bring your lunch to work with you!!
- Have a healthy, but effective energy balance. This basically means if you want to lose weight, burn more calories than what you take in. If you would like to know how many calories you are recommended a day, visit this site: fitm.ag/MP66Js
- Try weightlifting. The more muscles you have, the more calories you burn which make it even easier to get in shape, fast. A lot of my friends jumped on the Cross Fit bandwagon and swear by it! By switching your workout routine every day your body burns more calories.
- Do NOT crash diet. This can be extremely tempting especially if you only have a certain amount of time. When you are only eating a limited amount of calories a day, your body goes into starvation mode and doesn’t utilize the calories effectively which store as fat. If you are exercising daily, you need food as energy.
- Eat small meals every couple of hours. Instead of three big meals a day, try eating 5-6 (250-350 calorie) meals per day. I stocked up on almonds and fresh fruit to have on hand when the cravings hit. This will allow your body to utilize the calories effectively and boost metabolism.
With these tips, I am finding it easier than I thought to get in shape. It’s all about commitment and dedication while keeping health in mind. Taking some time for yourself to go the gym is a great way to distress.
Good luck and congratulations on your big day!