If you’re looking to tone your arms, a good Vinyasa flow is just what you need! Here is a simple flow that will work your arms and you can do it from the comfort of your own home!
- Start in mountain pose. Take a deep breath in and deep exhale
- On your exhale, bend at the waist and go into a forward fold. Take a deep breath
- Exhale and step back into plank position, grounding your hands shoulder-width apart on your mat
- From here go into chaturanga; lower yourself down from plank, keeping your arms next to your body (don’t let your elbows bow out) and flow into upward dog
- Hold yourself in upward dog for 1 cycle of breath and on your exhale, tuck your toes under and push yourself up to downward dog
- Repeat the cycle
To increase the workout you get in your arms, hold yourself in plank for 30 second intervals and then really concentrate on slowly lowering your body down to the mat.
Remember to always breathe through every movement and listen to your body – it’s up to you to monitor when you’re pushing yourself too far verses pushing yourself to the next level in your practice.
Check out our new Mat Mates activity section to find perfect styles for yoga and pilates.
Here are some of our favorites!
- Booty Burner – Keeps you cool with the bare cut, and cool performance fabric technology.
- Spirit Bra - Gives you versatility with lingerie-inspired straps and comfortable support with lightweight and regular performance fabric. Ruched under the armhole for ease in movement.
- Draped Low Impact Tank - Has a regular performance bra for support and a blousy silhouette with lightweight performance fabric. This is where fashion meets function.
Find more yoga tips throughout the Zobha blog.