Running is one of the most basic forms of exercise – as long as you have a pair of running shoes and a road (or treadmill, or trail, or beach, …) you can go running and get a good workout in!
Here are a few tips on how to stay motivated and maximize your running workout:
- Accept the Challenge: Sign up for a race – whether it’s a 5K or a marathon, it doesn’t matter. Having a goal and deadline to train toward will help keep you motivated.
- Get the right Gear: If you’re running often, it’s worth investing in a good pair of running pants. The compression capri from Zobha are engineered to increase blood flow and mesh paneling lends added support.
- Jam Sessions: Make a killer playlist to listen to while you run. When you think you can’t go any further, coax yourself to make it through 2 more full songs and run your heart out!
- Plan Your Route: Giving yourself a set route (and distance) will help you to stick to your goals. With sites like mapmyrun.com out there its super easy to enter your start and end points and figure out a good route in your area.
- STRETCH, STRETCH, STRETCH!: We cannot stress this enough – getting a good stretch in before and after you go running is crucial! It’s easy to pull a muscle when you’re giving it your all. Be sure to get a good stretch in your legs, calves and feet before heading out.
I hope you’ve found these tips helpful. If you have any questions or tips of your own share them in the comments section below.
- The Zobha Team